jeudi 8 novembre 2018

Mixed Media background with doodling

Hi Lindy’s lovers,

I’m back today to share a step-by-step video on how to create a mixed media background with ink sprays, magicals, embossing powder, stamps and drawings. I love mixing my spray with different techniques to create spectacular and unique layout backgrounds. You can use the same thing with an art journal, card or whatever. I use a simple pen, but you can use an archival pen too.

P1160717

Basic Process

  1. Use a watercolor paper
  2. Choose 1-3 in spray, 1 embossing and 1 magical in the same tone
  3. Use the palest colors first and the darkest after. Blend the color with water and brush and dry at the same time.
  4. When it's dry, you can use the magical and pen to add texture with your doodle lines
  5. It's very important to follow the "wave" and to not put it everywhere. Create a movement in your background
  6. At the end, add another texture with a mixture of embossing powder and gel medium on a stencil. I love this effect, it's very special.
  7. You can add some stamps to finalize
P1160714 

P1160706

I’ve created a step-by-step video if you want to watch the entire process and create with me.






Here are some close-ups of my background and finished layout


P1160722 

P1160719 

P1160718

Lindy’s Products

Others
  • Cuts2luv flairs, Les Créations Edith Cloutier die-cuts, stamps, Pink fresh Studio stickers, Staedler pens
See you soon ladies! Have a very nice day,
Valerie - Lindys Blog badge 2018



1 commentaire: